The Supply Chain Manager’s role is to provide support to department activities with specific responsibility for implementing procurement activities in compliance with mandated requirements; overseeing daily activities & achieving department objectives and goals within budget. Responsible for managing the procurement processes for a number of BU’s, from PO creation through to final customer delivery. (On-time, as per Business needs).
• Manage the activities in procurement through organizing the stock movements, ordering and follow up with suppliers, internal operation, and managing the P&L team.
• Develop and maintain a system that organizes the work and to achieve time, cost and resources effectiveness.
• Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, stock control, demand planning, and other optimizations in order to grow the business.
•Maintain complete updated procurement records/data and pricing in the system.
• Manage all import and export activities.
•Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders.
•Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
•Communicate and follow up with shipping companies for booking, shipping and timing of stock movements and arrival.
•Responsible for the preparation and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
•Research and analyze for new suppliers that provide quality product, effective prices and deals and propose to management.
•Managing company’s logistics, as in company’s fleet, warehouses, transportation customer related operation etc .
•Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Qualifications and requirements
•Bachelor’s Degree in Any discipline
•8-10 Years of previous experience in a similar role.
•Excellent Communication in English
•Must have experience using MS Office and experience with an ERP system.
•Excellent supplier management skills including demonstrated ability to develop and manage business driven supplier executive relationships
•Work independently and are comfortable making decision.
•Thrive in a collaborative work environment.
•Managing people and activities skills
•Cost Reduction & Accounting
· Communication skills
· Adaptability, Cooperation & Teamwork
· Creativity and innovation
· Commercial awareness
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Catering, Food Service, & Restaurant; Retail & Wholesale
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $4,000 – $5,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Business Administration, Supply Chain