Where Do You Fit In?
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join our team as Principal Strategic Planning Analyst – Sustainability Business – UOP to join Honeywell Sustainable Technology Solutions during this exciting time of expansion for our business, based in Dubai, UAE. This role is focused on developing distinctive market strategies, global planning, market research & competitive intelligence to support strategy organization of UOP lines of business, verticals and regions globally. The immediate requirement of the role is design and develop the Sustainable Business Strategy, which remains one of the most strategic priority of the company currently.
The role involves a gamut of activities (independent research, data collection, modeling, analysis, interpretation and presentation of research findings) and working closely with various businesses to develop actionable analysis and a knowledge repository for UOP.
What Will You Be Doing Every Single Day?
Support – Sustainable Business Strategy, Implementation Roadmaps, Value-driven Business Models, Partnerships / Strategic Alliances; Technology Innovations and Market Disruptors
Synopsis: Opportunity to deep-dive into key sustainability topics that drives company’s sustainable growth and portfolio strategy. Develop future operating model and pave the organic and inorganic sustainable growth path along with leadership.
The role involves conducting thorough research and draw insights on key sustainability topics including decarbonization and the energy transition; responsible value chains and circular economy business models; sustainable reporting and analytics; sustainable growth and portfolio strategy; sustainable brands and customer buying preferences; future operating model; sustainable finance and ESG; sustainable technology and disruptions. The candidate will be responsible for thorough research and analysis on key topics including:
1. Assess Business Ecosystem – Conduct deep-dives to provide comprehensive view of the market and the factors that can potentially impact business decision and future growth prospects:
a. Macro-market view to identify key upcoming growth regions / countries in the energy and allied industry
b. Technology landscaping and disruption analysis to know technology focus of the competitors and customers,
c. Value-chain deep dives to assess the lucrative spaces / markets to operate in,
d. Regulatory assessment to understand the regulations, policies and mandates that currently or potentially impacts the business
e. Competitive analysis to evaluate the current and planned sustainable strategy, current and potential threat through competitive activities, and strategies to outmaneuver competition
f. Customer assessment to understand their buying journey and decision influencers, identify evolving business requirements due to macro-market developments and strategic shifts in priorities, evaluate factors that impact buying decisions and UOPs potential offering and play area
2. Design Sustainability Strategy – Support the company’s aim of data-driven and informed strategy formulation by providing in-depth analytical insights on core sustainability topics that influence business decisions. The role involves conducting detailed analysis to identify sustainability hotspots across hydrogen economy, circular economy and recycling, and waste management.
3. Identify Partners / Alliances – Support the inorganic growth plans of the company, by identifying core companies that bring complementary and / or supplementary synergies with the strategic offering of UOP. Identify best fit partner that resonates with the strategic priorities and supports the implementation roadmap of company’s strategic vision of sustainable growth.
Other Areas of responsibility:
Support – Top Leadership Activities, Core-business Strategy Development, Regional plans, M&A Analysis, Competitive Analysis
Synopsis: Lending a supportive hand to the leadership in crafting global strategic plan and establish a system of reports and communications for all information packets on market, competition and products/services Honeywell (UOP) offers.
1. STRAP: Provide research support to leadership for crafting the annual STRAP. The support can entail – Market sizing and growth projections based on Capital expenditures, Vertical trend analysis and Situational analysis which provides the current picture of the core markets factoring the market size and competition performance.
2. Support all leadership projects with macro-economic trends, competitive landscape and analysis and vertical market analysis – Annual Operating Plans (AOP), Global Investor Day, – Special projects on demand by top leadership. Need based support to leadership with up-to-date information on competition financials, customer trends and other UOP performance analysis
3. Vertical Deep dives: Analyze key developments in process industry fundamentals, covering supply/demand, Capital Expenditures investments and other regulations affecting the sector. The activity helps them to understand the health (Slowing down/Growing) of the Key Vertical Markets served by UOP Business.
4. Corporate Development & Mergers and Acquisition analysis – Support the top management with research and analysis on all corporate development and M&A activities ensuring confidentiality adherence.
5. Help decision makers of UOP with better understanding and outmaneuvering their competition in the marketplace. The activity demands seamless synthesizing of secondary and primary intelligence to produce both tactical and strategic actionable insights for the leadership