Plans, directs, administers and supervises activities of all nursing personnel to deliver quality and safe patient care in line with the institute mission, vision and strategic plan. The manager utilizes knowledge of human development stages and cultural diversity in driving patient care according to International Patients Safety Goals, national and international standards.
This include but are not limited to: ensuring program consistency with the department’s mission and vision, coordinating the integration of programs that involve multiple units, receiving progress reports from various departments in order to consolidate and create benchmark data for the CMO and /or higher administration for clinical quality and accreditation standards.
In addition, all ongoing research in the medical division will need to be under the nursing manager, who will keep track of the clinic setup, all study documentation, participant recruitment numbers, and the status of the projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops and review nursing organizational chart
- Represents the Nursing staff in Institute activities
- Participates in decision making processes including planning and budgeting.
- Participates and represents Nursing in Dasman Diabetes Institute committees as needed.
- Quality improvement
- Infection control
- Pharmacy and therapeutics
- Oversees and assures that committees recommendations are implemented at the Nursing level.
- Ensures the competency of the nursing staff.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring process of qualified staff.
- Monitors the performance of the nursing staff and assures their ongoing competency.
- Supervises competency and performance assessment.
- Conducts visit/ round to the nursing unit.
- Obtains feedback of patient/ family and other department staff.
- Ensures sufficient nurses are available to meet the clinical needs.
- Develops a staffing plan that maintain as adequate staffing level in all clinics
- Explores and identifies staff abilities and potentials to ensure proper staff allocation/ assignments.
- Ensure the appropriateness of work schedules to maintain adequate number of staff in every clinic and shift.
- Ensures that all nurses area cross trained across all areas of the facility so that it makes for a more flexible workforce.
- Ensures the implementation and compliance Accreditation Canada Standards.
- Achieving nursing related performance indicators/ KPI and objectives.
- Monitoring and ensuring achieving departmental quality indicators.
- Ensuring staff awareness of standards.
- Monitoring all performance auditing process.
- Supervise and oversee orientation and training activities.
- Promotes the cost-effective approach in providing nursing services without compromising the quality.
- Handles patient complaint and incidents involving nursing staff.
- Maintains professional and positive relationship with nursing staff and other staff.
- Prepares the required reports and maintains proper records.
- Conducts weekly/ monthly nursing administration meetings.
- Communicates and reports with Chief medical officer all significant data on the right time.
- Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of their knowledge.
Responsible to lead and supervise the Nursing department
Master’s degree in nursing /health management or equivalent experience
- License to practice nursing in Kuwait –Ministry of Health Published in peer reviewed, high impact journals
- Registered nurse RN/RGN -BSc/BA Nursing and master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Registered currently in your own country
- Up to date with clinical skills with good understanding of quality standards.
- 8 + year with relevant experience
- Experience of International Accreditation experience and audits from external agencies is advantageous.
- Experience of day to day running of research studies and managing several research studies consecutively. It would be advantageous to also have experience of funding applications and publishing.
- Excellent communication skill both written and verbal
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Scientific Research & Development
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Senior Executive
- Years of Experience
- Min: 8
- Master’s degree
- Max: 55
Nursing /Health Management