· Scanning & research: The media analyst monitors the ICRC’s visibility and reputation;
· Scanning & research: The media analyst monitors the ICRC’s visibility and reputation, as well as ad-hoc issues, among a variety of Arabic-language public sources;
· Reporting: Based on collective information obtained from the CSC environmental scanning unit and the client delegations, the media analyst is in charge of drafting the weekly “ICRC;
· Coordination & strategy: The media analyst coordinates all research and analysis efforts with the Communication Coordinator;
· Reporting: The media analyst participates in weekly, quarterly, biannual and ad-hoc reports;
· Working atmosphere: The media analyst contributes to a pleasant working atmosphere;
· Treatment of information: S/he registers and treats information accurately and confidentially when applicable, and saves important messages, documents and materials of interest to the ICRC in the electronic archive.
· Cross-coverage: support other team members in the communication department when required on a temporary basis, notably the public relations officer.
· The media analyst is also expected to contribute to the humanitarian affairs and policy files for related initiatives i.e., stakeholder mapping.
· University Degree in Communication, Media or another related field
· Certified experience in online information searching, filtering and evaluating
· 3 years’ experience
· Excellent knowledge of the media and social media landscape
· Proven capacity to analyse complex and evolving situations
· Very good command of English, written and spoken, and written/reading in Arabic
Applicants must hold a valid and transferable Kuwaiti visa.
- Job Location
- Hawali, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3 Max: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma