We are looking for suitable candidates for the position Manager – Claims Management. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the Life & Medical underwriting activities at the company which include (but are not limited to) risk evaluation, quotation preparation, policy issuance, and policy renewal.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set Life & Medical underwriting policies & procedures and the criteria of assessing risks associated with each Life & Medical insurance services.
- Ensure the implementation of Life & Medical Underwriting Policies & procedures at the branches and are in compliance with the overall Operations guidelines so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled and delivered in a consistent manner.
- Oversee the development of prices for Life & Medical insurance products to ensure that products’ prices are competitive and are within the spending range of organization’s target customers.
- Manage and monitor selling insurance policies through the underwriting department in coordination with the Sales & Marketing department.
- Ensure that TPA is updated with new or any modification (changes, additions, deletions) on the medical insurance policies and procedures related to underwriting in addition to updated list of providers.
- Contribute to risks assessment in risky and odd cases and take appropriate decision.
- Monitor major economic, industry, and government legislation changes and trends that require the adjustment of the department’s policies and / or procedures and to prices are made as necessary.
- Participate in development Life & Medical insurance products with the product development Department as well as pricing the newly developed products.
- Review all reports for policy renewals frequently (loss ratio, outstanding premiums and instalments schedule) to maintain with the customers in question.
- Review customers’ feedback and find solutions for their problem if possible and coordinate with branches to provide recommendations to enhance underwriting activities.
- Maintain a sound management development plan ensuring sufficient back up; availability of potential successors; and career opportunities for high performers.
- Monitor performance and training needs of subordinates in order to maximize their performance to achieve functional objectives.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Insurance & TPA
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 8
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma