Our client is now recruiting for an Electrical Technician. You will be directly reporting to the Electrical Supervisor
To carry out maintenance, installation, overhauling and modification activities on plant’s electrical
machinery and equipment in accordance with standard maintenance procedures, HSE guidelines
and quality standards to attain effective functionality and reliability.
- Carry out required daily electrical maintenance work and routine preventative electrical maintenance work according to set schedule and company’s procedures to facilitate continuous operations.
- Monitor the physical condition of all equipment in assigned plant and report nonconformances to Electrical Supervisor to facilitate effective maintenance of all company’s facilities as per set Quality/ HSE standards.
- Respond to electrical failures and implement corrective actions in adherence with procedures and guidelines to reduce downtime and maximize functionality of equipment.
- Trouble shoot using necessary tools which include diagnosis, repairing and testing circuit or wiring faults; locating faults in cables to validate that all connection points and cables are capable of withstanding capacity voltages.
- Diagnose causes of electrical malfunction or failure of operational equipment such as transformers, motors, relays, switches and control and monitoring devices and take corrective measures in collaboration with Electrical Supervisor.
- Read and understand technical manuals, wiring diagrams etc., and apply the knowledge to carry out maintenance and troubleshooting tasks, to prepare for the electrical maintenance to equipment in the assigned area.
- Align, adjust and calibrate equipment according to specifications and to maintain records of repairs, calibrations and tests.
- Check the necessary stock levels of spare parts to support effective inventory control.
- Update the maintenance logbook and record details of work carried out including defaults, problems, various findings, and conditions of all equipment to ensure timely availability of information and organised referencing.
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programmes and projects in line with the organisation’s standards.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Adhere to all relevant organisational and departmental policies, processes, standard maintenance procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions, and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Perform any other duties which the line manager may require to be carried out.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- A technical certificate / Associate’s Diploma in Electrical maintenance.
- 3-5 years’ experience in electrical maintenance as a technician in installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment and installations in a plant environment.
- Practical Knowledge of relevant plant equipment
- Awareness of HSE & quality standards
- Teamwork and effective collaboration skills
- ISO awareness/working knowledge is preferred
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Recruitment & Employee Placement Agency
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Electrical Engineering
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies