Responsible for executing and organizing deck operations, maintenance activities, and supervise the deck crewmembers as well as securing the ship’s cargo and he is responsible for operating the ramp and securing it.
Policies & Processes
Implement the Function’s policies and follow the set processes to achieve the desired objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervise the deck crewmembers and ensure that they are compliant with all necessary policies and monitor their daily work and tasks.
- Carry out the appropriate deployment of the deck crewmembers.
- Act in cooperation with the Chief Engineer for the proper maintenance of all Hull, Deck, Space maintenance, deck machinery and equipment, in particular, of all instruments relating to cargo securing.
- Act in cooperation with the Chief Engineer to ensure the proper maintenance of the lifesaving and fire-fighting appliances and equipment.
- Monitor and control the proper arrangement for the deck stores and the levels.
- Train and familiarize newly joined deck crewmembers with handling the deck machinery, windlass, and mooring winches.
- Supervise the Garbage Management Plan and ensure that it is being executed as per the standards.
- Ensure the commitment to the safety and environmental protection standards.
- Comply with the Company’s Safety Management System.
- Perform ad-hoc and other duties related to the job as assigned by the Direct Manager.
Supervise subordinates’ attendance and leaves to ensure complying with Joan Al Kuwait attendance policy, as well as the availability of proper replacement during subordinates’ leaves.
Prepare reports covering the main activities required by the job role or other customized reports as requested by the Direct Manager.
High School Degree as well as the following required certifications:
Minimum of (5 – 7) years of experience in the same or related field.
Good Command in English and Arabic.
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
- Elementary First Aid
- Security Awareness
- Deck/Engine, Able Seafarer
- Valid Medical Fitness
- Seaman’s Book
- Job Location
- Hawali, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Marine Transport Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5 Max: 7
- Residence Location